Now that’s it’s December and therefore time to get festive it’s a great time for food and cosy nights in, curled up on the sofa. There’s nothing better than tucking into a big bowl of popcorn during a good Christmas film but if you haven’t already watched Love Actually, A Christmas Carol etc. then you’re doing it WRONG. In this case it was an enormous bowl of cinnamon and honey popcorn, the combination of which was suggested on the packet of Waitrose Popcorn Kernels. So why not give it a try? Because really there is no better film companion.
What you will need:
- A dash of olive oil,
- A small handful of popcorn kernels,
- Ground cinnamon,
Nothing to do now but turn on the heat and get cooking!
- Add the olive oil to the pan on a high heat. Make sure that the pan is a big one. You mustn’t underestimate how much a handful of kernels will make.
- Add the kernels to your pan after a minute or two of the oil heating up. Put the lid on straight away. You may want to give the pan a small shake to coat the kernels in oil but make sure you hold the lid down.
- The kernels will start popping after a little while but once they get started it won’t take too long.
When the popping calms down turn the cooker top off and take the pan off the heat.
- Tip the popcorn into a large bowl and sprinkle over a healthy amount of cinnamon and squeeze in some honey while the popcorn is still warm.
Now pop on a Christmassy film. Cosy up and enjoy!
Until next time,