WARNING: Makes a lot of cookies HOWEVER this means that this recipe is ideal for situations such as a stress relief and assists emotional overeating. They are incredibly moreish! Up to the point, of course, when you start to feel a bit sick…
Also the chocolate chips are optional. These cookies taste just as good without them. I put in white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate.
They are rich so unless you want to regret eating these cookies: Everything in moderation…
I guarantee these are delicious! I have made them 4 times now. Yumm!
If you don’t want to bake so many, these quantities are ideal to half. If you’re using the full amount of everything expect to make about 36-40 cookies! (Unless you’re one that likes to test the mix… every 5 seconds. Then there might be considerably less! 😉 )
What you will need:
- 280g Butter
- 400g Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract/ Essence
- 280g Plain Flour
- 95g Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- Anything from 50- 100g Chocolate Chips (I put about 60g of each type of Chocolate Chip in)
Nothing to do now but turn on the heat and get baking! So…
- Fire up the oven to 180°C (170°C in a fan oven) OR 350°F
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (I whizzed it all together in the food processor because it was quicker) Beat in the eggs then add the vanilla
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips; gradually mix the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets (don’t pile too many onto the sheets because these cookies will spread out in the oven. I would suggest 9)
- Bake 9 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies will be soft and still look slightly doughy
- Let set and cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then remove from sheet onto wire rack to cool completely.
Now they’re all ready to curl up with a glass of milk and munch away! Enjoy!
I’m currently listening to- Open Hands by Ingrid Michaelson
Until next time,